Monday, February 23, 2009

Ahhh, so I just spent several hours cleaning and de-cluttering my house. That is usually what I do after I've been inspired by someone else's home. On Saturday I got to go to a baby shower for a very sweet friend of mine. The home where it was hosted was just beautiful and completely welcoming. In the past after visiting such a home, I would usually start whining to the Lord that I want a home like that...perfect for a family and perfect for entertaining. I would actually go out and spend money (that wasn't budgeted) on decorations or I would go to Michael's to buy supplies to make decorations. I guess I thought I'd be saving money (that we didn't have) if I made them myself. :) Anyway, I've learned that if I can just do a thorough cleaning, re-arrange a few things (hey Honey, are you up for some furniture moving tonight?), and remember how blessed I am with the home God has given me, my heart will settle down a bit. I still desire to have that kind of home one day, but of course that desire is in the Lord's hands. No matter what, I have a mansion waiting for me when I get to heaven!

Next project...cleaning out my car. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When your mom and I were first married we'd drive to Cerritos from our Norwalk house (three miles away) to look at the big and beautiful four-bedroom new model homes with huge family rooms for $45,000! We'd come home envious and would immediately begin to rearrange the furniture.

Megs said...

I'm with ya Laura! I always think one day maybe too I will have that perfect house, but I like what you said...we do have a mansion waiting for us! A good reminder to have my heart and thoughts set on things above!