Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Talent

A couple months ago my Uncle Dan in Virgina emailed me a picture of a drawing he sketched.

















And look at this amazing painting he turned it in to...














Isn't it beautiful!? I wish I lived in a place that looks that way. And I wish his talent for art was passed down to me. Unfortunately I can only draw a straight line with a ruler. : / However, I think a little of the ability may have made it to Annie. She has always loved to draw since she could hold a pen. Yesterday I gave her a book on how to draw airplanes and left her alone. I returned to find these drawings:




















Not too bad for a 6-year old little girl, I think?

P.S. Dad and Uncle Jeff...maybe it's time for Annie's first air show? = )

5 comments:

Leti said...

When I begun to read this post I immediately thought of Annie, then as I got to the end I realized that's were you were heading...wonderful! I love Annie's drawings - she does a wonderful job.

Grandpa said...

YES! With Annie's love of the bagpipes, she's also sure to love and appreciate an air show. Yep, she's MY granddaughter! Get ready, Annie!

Anonymous said...

That is REALLY good!!! That's definitely a better plane than I could draw :)

Isabel said...

I went through and read all of your homeschool posts. I just started this year and love the creativity of MFW. I can see why you returned to it. I was laughing (in a nice way:) when you said that you were bored with the new curriculum. and then the next post had your MFW purchase. I can imagine doing the same thing. So are both of your girls doing MFW 1st. Sorry if you already said that on another post and I missed it.

Congratulations about your little baby boy. That is just so exciting! :)

Mrs. R said...

She draws better at 6 than I do at 30...