Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What a Busy Week It's Been!

Wow, for having been on break from homeschool we sure were busy!  This year I was super excited for Easter and was determined to make it a celebration in our home.  I think that happened.  : )  The girls seemed to truly rejoice in the miracle of our loving and powerful risen Savior.  Here's a recap of some of the events of our week...

The girls filled treat bags with jelly beans and attached a poem about the meaning of each color to hand out to our family on Easter.


On Wednesday we went to an Easter party with some moms and kids from church.  The kids painted crosses, listened to the Easter story, hunted for eggs, and ate a yummy lunch.

Here's a group shot.  Notice Annie is hanging on to Joey with all the strength she can muster while Bekah is pouting because Annie gets to hold Joey and she doesn't (not uncommon).  And see that little guy in the red overalls on the very right?  He's just such a cutie!!  I hope he and Joey become friends.  : )


Later Bekah did get to hold her Joey (kind of)   = )


I didn't take any pictures on Good Friday but what a wonderful day it was!  I was able to attend the noon service at church and it was beautiful, although so very difficult to hear the account of the crucifixion.  I will never be able to hear it without my heart being broken.  I watched the evening service online and it was so amazing to see the cardboard testimonies.  What amazing stories our family in Christ have of how He alone rescued and transformed them, all to His glory!  He is so good to each one of us and His mercy endures forever!  What blessed me so much was that everyone's heart seemed to be bursting this Easter season.  Facebook was overloaded with the message of the cross and the resurrection...praise the Lord!!!  I can't wait until we all see Him face to face, bowed down and worshipping our King!!!

Saturday morning started off with much excitement for my Annie and her dear friend, Sarah.  They had been planning to get their hair cut together and donate it to Locks of Love .  Here are some shots of the whole process...

Before...

 Snip snip
 Good bye hair!
 10 inches


 After...



Later that day we headed to my dad's to celebrate his 65th birthday with dinner and presents as well as Bekah's half birthday which my dad does for all the kids in lieu of their actual birthdays (just for something fun and special to look forward to for them!)


 Bekah loves her new Rebecca St. James CD.  We now have #1 on repeat.  Oh my.


Sunday morning was just a beautiful service at church with fantastic worship and a truly Christ-centered message.  The gospel could not have been presented any clearer.  I was overjoyed to have my brother and cousin there with me.  After we attend 2nd service, we stayed for 3rd for the Spanish service and the girls enjoyed handing out bulletins and serving the breakfast burritos and pan dulce with their Auntie Leti.  Joe was ready to go...


On we went to our traditional Easter celebration at the Delgados and we also celebrated my dad's birthday.  His favorite pie is pumpkin so that's what I made him...


We ended our Resurrection Day celebration with our own tradition at home...resurrection rolls!  The girls love doing this every year and even though they know the story, they still get all excited. The marshmallows represent Jesus, the melted butter is the embalming oils, the sugar and cinnamon are the burial spices, and the crescent rolls are the cloths He was wrapped in.


Then He is placed in the tomb (the oven) and a large stone is rolled in front (the oven door slams!)
 When they look to see if Jesus is still there, it's only His cloths!  He is not here, He is risen indeed!

And last night the girls starting laughing uncontrollably.  When I looked this is what I found...

 Who did this?!
 "Me, Mommy, me!!"



 





1 comment:

Leti said...

I love your busyness. You are building such beautiful memories with your family. I am so glad you decided to restart blogging :-)