Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tag - I'm It!

My creative and beautiful friend, Corinne, tagged me.
(The rules....link your tagger and list these rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.)

*1* My right thumb is significantly flatter than my left from sucking it for "X" number of years. And I will never reveal on the world wide web the value of X.

*2* I am always and without ceasing on a schedule. I do not remember the last time I had a care-free day not thinking of the clock and what needs to happen next or be planned. I am constantly planning for the day, week, and even month ahead, constantly. Whether it be meals, chores, clothing, errands, parties, money, emails, blogging, even when I'll have a free moment to paint my nails, etc.

*3* As a young girl I wanted to be a primatologist - someone who studies apes. I particularly wanted to teach sign language to a gorilla. Wierd, I know. I think I actually know where I got this idea - the 80's sitcom "Family Ties" where Courtney Cox played "Lauren", a psychologist who taught apes sign language and dated Alex P. Keaton.

*4* TV had so much to do with my childhood. We faithfully watched many shows such as "The Wonder Years", "Our House", "Growing Pains", "Full House", "Life Goes On", "Different Strokes", "Saved by the Bell", "Charles in Charge", "I Love Lucy", "90210", "Fresh Prince", "Cheers", and "Kids Incorporated". Even now I am the one in the house who has the tendency to sit in front of the TV for far too long. Its not even a temptation for Jose but I'm a completely different story.

*5* This is pretty pathetic but here goes: Several years ago when I worked in the office of our church we received a phone call and I happened to be the secretary to answer it. It was Kirk Cameron wanting to speak with Pastor David about the release of his new movie "Left Behind". I seriously almost blurted out, "OMG its Mike Seaver!!!!" Thankfully I stayed calm, collected, and professional and transferred him to the appropriate secretary.

*6* So I mentioned "Kids Incorporated" above. Well we had a great group of kids in my neighborhood growing up and we loved to put on shows. We even put together our own group called "Kids Incorporated 2". Real original, huh? So guess who I played...Stacy Ferguson. Anyone think I look like Fergie now? Nah, me either.

*7* I can't believe I am going to say (type) this, but I think I am over my chocolate obsession of 29 years. I still love chocolate, especially dark, but I find that I am fine not to have it. Sometimes I'll even choose a non-chocolate treat over chocolate. I don't know why, but this kind of saddens me. :-(

So there you have some random and wierd facts about me. I hope those who I tag will share their facts as well. If I tag you and you don't blog, please post your facts in my comments section. I can't wait to read!!




Leti, Dad, Crystal, Lulu, Moni, Jannette, anjmama, Carin, Janel, Tami, and anybody else who would like to participate.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

O.K., I'm the first and since I don't have a blog I'll provide my facts right here, right now! (1.) I spent two years in the U.S. Navy sailing the ocean and visiting exotic foreign ports but can't swim a stroke! I also taught Laura how to swim in the family pool--how about THAT?! (2.) It was nine years from the time I first began college 'til the time I gradumacated with a four-year degree (not proud of that one!). (3.) I grew up attending the bullfights in Tijuana and honestly consider them to be an art form--NOT a sport. The matador dances a ballet with the bull. Take a look at his shoes; they look like ballet slippers! (4.) I played guitar in a 60's garage band and the most famous place we played was the Pasadena Civic Auditorium. (5.) Like Laura, even after 2 1/2 years of unemployment (retirement) I'm always on a schedule going mach 2 with my hairs on fire! Always planning something, going somewhere, completing a project and never having enough time. Laura and I must be related! (6.) My favorite pastime is to watch DVD action movies in surround sound at home (When I have time.). (7.) My ultimate goal in life is to set foot on all seven continents and I only have two to go. South America and Antarctica. (8.) I'm cheating 'cause I'm doing eight. Another pastime is giving tours at Riverside's Historic Mission Inn Hotel. Come on down and I'll give you an interesting and fascinating tour of a MOST-amazing and historic hotel that's a wonderful part of Southern California's heritage. I think that none of these facts are news to Laura. She knows me pretty well. That's all. Have a nice day!

Anonymous said...

Okay, so here's mine:
1) I like to be stressed out...I know, it sounds weird, but I work better when I'm stressed. If I have free time I tend to just sit around and watch TV, and be completely unproductive.
2) I like it when Sophie wakes up in the middle of the night. She slept through the night the first 9mths of her life, and now she wakes up every once in a while, I like spending those moments w/her because I know they won't last forever.
3) I make lists just so I can cross off tasks once they've been completed.
4) I have a Disney pass and have only used it 2x's...and one time was to buy the pass. And it's been 11 mths. And I plan on buying another one. What's wrong w/me???
5) I spy on people on Myspace...can't believe I admitted that!
6) If Dave washes the dishes, I rewash them. And then I complain that he never washes them.
7) I used to go the Summer Harvest Crusades just to check out the other pastor's son's.

Anonymous said...

Carin and Laura you both crack me up!!
So heres mine:
1) If I dont have food in my stomach I turn into a crazy woman, and its not because Im pregnant, even when Im not pregnant Im just as crazy. Ask Justin!
2) I am afraid of germs. I put purell in Blakes lunch box and I make him use it before he eats his lunch at school. Yep, Im pretty sure kids look at him weird.
3) Going along with the germ thing I feel completely uncomfortable in hotels, even nice ones. I wear my shoes the entire time, especially in the bathroom. Who dosent?:)
4) Growing up I wanted to be an actress, I was in alot of school plays, talent shows, etc. I loved being in front of the crowd. Now, I am terrified of being up in front of everyone. Weird.
5) I am a planner just like you Laura! I think way ahead and plan everything. I cant handle when I dont know whats going on. Mabey thats why I tend to get overwhelmed, so much is going on in my head. Planning and all.
6) I love to read everyones blogs, even though I dont have my own. I feel kind of sneeky because sometimes I read other peoples blogs and I dont even know them personally. I dont want to be nosey, but sometimes it can be addicting.

Well I could go on and on, but I should probably stop. Thanks Laura for tagging me!

Crystal

Mrs. R said...

I. Remember. Primatology.

:)

Anonymous said...

Ok, here are my facts:
(1) My family's real last name is Weintraub. The name was changed to Barry when my dad was in first grade. The reason the name was changed is because my grandpa was a Romanian Jew, and he was experiencing persecution in the United States for being a Jew. This was during WW2 (1941). My grandpa was going into business with a man named Moore, and Drew Barrymoore's grandfather, John Barrymoore, was well known at that time. So, my grandpa and his friend decided to call their company Barry-Moore, and our last name was legally changed to Barry. Now, I'm just not sure what he and my grandma were thinking because my dad's name is Gary. Just think about it for a minute...
(2) I can stand facing forward and turn my feet completely around backwards, so they're pointing behind me.
(3) I, too, was in a small singing group when I was a child. My 2 cousins, my brother, and I delighted audiences everywhere with our singing and acting abilites (ok, really, my grandma was probably the only one who enjoyed our presentations). We called ourselves "God's Light Incorporated". We even had a signature song, which we sang every time, called "Let There Be Light". The musical we're best known for is one we wrote ourselves called "Rich Family, Poor Family".
(4)Foods I hate: oranges, tomatoes, and Egg Fu Young.
(5) In my freshman year of college, I spit my gum into the first row while giving a speech in speech class at Biola University. I felt it leave my mouth and watched it arc gracefully in the air before landing right on a desk in the first row. The girl sitting at the desk looked at it and then looked back up and me. I just walked over and picked it up, put it back in my mouth, and finished my speech. Classy all the way, yep that's me.
(6) I won a Dodger baseball essay contest in 1995. The prize was a pasta lunch with Tommy Lasorda in his office. He and I chowed down on spaghetti for 3 hours. Then, I hung out with the team, took batting practice with Mike Piazza and Eric Karros, and was introduced at the stadium with my face plastered all over Diamond Vison. That day led to a great friendship with Eric and Mike and many opportunities for my third grade classes to spend time with both of them and go to games as their guests. Every year I help Eric with a golf tournament to benefit St. Francis Medical Center. I never thought that winning that one contest would bring such fun opportunities into my life.
(7) I've been a bridesmaid 15 times, and it's about to be 16, as my brother is getting married in March.

Anonymous said...

Ok Laura this is something I'm sooooo not good at, but I'll give it a try. (1)I'm hooked on Jon & Kate Plus 8. I never thought I would be so fascinated by a reality show, but I have it on constantly. My husband laughs because I could sit in front of the TV for hours watching the show on FIOS Demand. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I guess it's better to be hooked on that then some Soap Opera. "sorry" to anyone who love's soaps. (2) I’ve also been fascinated with musicals, any where from Grease to High School Musical, Camp Rock and the Cheetah Girls. I know these last few are musicals that my kids watch, but I enjoy them. I enjoy them so much that when I watch them I literally get up and start dancing. I even know the moves to these musicals. How silly huh! I’m taking my girls to see HS Musical 3 and I think I’m more excited to see the movie then they are. (3) I enjoy dipping In-n-Out fries in an In-n-Out strawberry shake and then eating them. Mmm..the best ever.(4) Just like Carin, I too work better when I’m stressed. I feel that when I’m not doing a huge project or have a dead line to get something done, my life is unproductive. I need stress in my life in order to maintain. Silly I know!! (5) I could sit and eat all day long and still not feel full. I wonder if that's why I've gained so much weight? 6) Here’s a confession and I can’t believe I’m posting this on Laura’s blog. Nothing huge, but not too many people know this. When I was working at Big 5 I hit a parked car and took off. Yes, that’s right I did a hit and run. Nothing huge, but I did scratch the car. I was 18 and afraid I was going to get my car taken away. And if you know my parents my car would have been taken away for a very long time. (7) I’ve been working on this list for one week and I’m finally done. How pathetic. I just had no clue what to say.

:corinne: said...

hee hee...I would have died if Kirk Cameron called. COOLNESS!