Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Vacation!!!

(sigh), I am so relieved to have been given an extra week of Christmas vacation which was strictly enforced by my amazing principal (Jose) :) . This time of year is so overwhelming with all of the Christmas events and preparations, not to mention just keeping up with the regular household duties. So we are done with school until Jan. 5th. I really have to admire moms who work. I just don't know how they can do it all!!! I would go absolutely crazy if I had to add in a job outside the home. I thank the Lord for the privilege and blessing of staying home with my family to raise and teach them as well as manage the affairs of the household. I also am grateful for a wonderful husband who frees me up to do just that.

Last week we took a field trip to The Aquarium of the Pacific. It was a great compliment to our Ocean Life unit we worked on throughout the week. The kids loved it! Here are a few pictures...

I love my baby's expressions.
One of Annie's favorite parts was chasing the pigeons. They get really close to people!
They got to pet sharks and sting rays
They got to see the underside of a starfish
My mom came along to help out and enjoy the trip

3 comments:

Bridget said...

Kids are enough to keep you busy then add in homeschooling and the holidays..it's enough to make your head spin isn't it? But it's so fun!

Leti said...

Praise God for breaks - enjoy it:)

I simply love the girls expressions in the pictures.

Looks like fun:)

Anonymous said...

My granddaughters are SO cute. Bekah's expressions are priceless.