Monday, December 1, 2008

100% Therapeutic




Last month our aunt and uncle let us borrow their daughter's electronic keyboard. I would love for our daughters to learn to play properly. Hopefully in the near future we can sign them up for lessons.

As for me, I am loving it! I took lessons as a little girl but didn't stick with it. But I am amazed at what I do remember. A couple of songs have come back to me and with a minimal ability to read music, I am even playing the tunes from some sheet music. I will be the first one to say I am not naturally gifted with the piano like my brother, Jeff, is. But it feels so good to just sit down and play. I think I found a new pastime. Thanks for the loan Jaime, Leti, & Angie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that your interest in music has blossomed. Can you still play "Turkey in the Straw?" It's a perfect song for the season! :-)

Leti said...

There is something to be said about music being "therapeutic"...when Angie was overwhelmed or at a loss for something she would sit at her keyboard and play, play, play.

I am so glad that you are putting the keyboard to very good use...maybe one day you can play something for us:)