Saturday, March 21, 2009

Has It Really Been Almost a Month?

I know I haven't blogged in a while, but I didn't realize its been almost a month! We've been crazy busy, as usual. March started out with a wonderful trip to Glen Ivy . One of my girlfriends turned 30, so to celebrate we enjoyed a day of pampering. At first I thought I'd have a hard time letting go of my thoughts of all that needs to be done, but that lasted about 10 minutes. :) It was so nice getting to catch up with my friend and not be rushed.



The next day Jose left to a 3 -day conference at his school and the girls and I took off to my dad's house to spend the night. My dad is amazing...he had bought activities to keep the girls busy and all our favorite treats to eat including my favorite breakfast - homemade blueberry pancakes and turkey bacon. One of the benefits of homeschool is that so much of it can be packed up and taken anywhere. So we did a little bit of school at Grandpa's the next day and spent most of our time doing P.E. (the park). :)



That Friday I left for our church's annual women's retreat. It was fantastic! The theme was "Renew and Restore" with none other than a "spa" theme. We had wonderful speakers who were all very encouraging. I particularly enjoyed a teacher I had never heard before, Catherine Martin. She gave a captivating teaching on being faithful to spend time every single day with the Lord. She has written several books and Bible studies as aids to our devotional time. She was also quite generous in giving away lots of materials to the ladies.



Last weekend we were honored to attend the wedding of our friend, Todd Barry , and his beautiful new wife, Tina. Their wedding was just so classy and completely brought glory to the Lord. I love weddings. I never used to get weepy, but since I've been married I see it different now. I know the bride and groom have so much joy ahead of them and if they continue following the Lord, it all just gets better and better.



So we've just been keeping up with all the things the Lord has us involved in right now...work, school, homeschooling, women's ministry, couple's ministry, and now children's ministry (only 1 service a week, though). Its that homestretch from now til mid May when things will settle down and I'm trying to stay encouraged and energized. I know God is faithful and He'll strengthen us to finish well.



Here are a few pictures from the last few weeks:










We went to the Kidspace Museum in Pasadena for a fieldtrip.




Another fieldtrip was to Amy's Farm in Chino. It was fun to have my mom and our friend, Tina, along.



This is my sister-in-law, Moni, and I at the women's retreat.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are GREAT necklaces the girls are wearing! Such class!

:corinne: said...

Wow you've had a busy winter! Great times though.

Leti said...

Wow! All that in a month. And right in the middle of it all there was a change in time...my goodness - lol!

Looks like all your activities were fun and filled - how wonderful!

btw love all the pictures;)