Thursday, March 26, 2009

Women's Discipleship Conference

Last summer I was privileged to attend a conferernce called "Women Discipling Women" at Grace Community Church in Sun Valley. It was amazing! It was designed to equip women who minister to other women and children. The keynote speakers were captivating and the individual seminars were so helpful. I have found in the last year and a half, particularly, a need to be equipped. It seems like so many people have been going through major life issues and I want to know how to offer biblical, truthful, loving encouragment and wisdom. This year the conference will be held on July 17th and 18th. One of the main sessions will be on the topic of "gospel-centered counseling". I'm so excited to hear that one. I've always known that biblical counseling is key, but to hear about how to counsel from the gospel....that's going to be interesting.

Check out the link : Women Discipling Women
Be sure to see the topics for the general sessions as well as the individual seminars. There is something for everybody!! If anyone is interested in attending, let me know.

3 comments:

Leti said...

I loved last years Conference...very challenging, but good. Praying for everything to work out so that I will make it this year too:)

Jannette Thrasher said...

Hey,

I would love to come along, (LORD WILLING). I will keep it in prayer.

Love,
Jannette

Anonymous said...

You know, I think I would really benefit from that!
I think I'd like to go.