Friday, May 16, 2008

I Thought We Made Our Final Decision About Homeschooling....

but now I'm re-thinking it. I definitely want to homeschool my girls and a few weeks ago we decided we would like to try going through the school district where the curriculum is free and we know Annie would be legally enrolled as a student of the public school (which took care of any legality concerns we had). One of our concerns, also, is that our children keep up with the academic state standards. However, on Monday night I attended an informational meeting at our church and was rather impressed with what they have to offer. I think what is most attractive to me is the support that is offered with other homeschool families and the practical wisdom I could glean from the parents who have "been there, done that". They also offer Friday school where my children can take classes with other children (that helps out in the structure and socialization areas). So we are back to reveiwing all the information we have. My heart is leaning towards participating in the ISP at church where they emphasize teaching character and academics, but we're still praying and seeking God's will. (sigh)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you're researching and considering all possible avenues to this all-important decision! Let your heart and your head work in partnership and our Lord will guide you.

Jess Stevens said...

HUGE decision, I understand. I'll keep you & Jose in my prayers. I know the Father will let you know what is best for your girls & you two.

Anonymous said...

My heart raced with excitment when I herd that you went to the meeting.I was praying that you and Jose would make it.I have also been praying that the Lord would show you beyond a shadow of a doubt what His perfect will is for your girls. I am definatly doing Friday school next year. I love our homeschool group at Chino Valley Christian Academy. Pat, Melenie, Rebecca, and the others are homeschool vetrens that are a great encouragement to me. I will continue to pray as it is a huge and important spiritual decision for your family. Whatever we do, may we do it for the Glory of God.

Love,
Nettie

Proverbs 3:5

Bridget said...

I was in your shoes a year ago, I remember how hard it was. I now have a peace about our decision and both the kids and I love homeschooling! If you have any questions feel free to ask. I've learned alot in the past year. I homeschool through Western Christian ISP. They takes care of the state because your enrolled, has Friday school, Fieldtrips,co-ops, etc. I heard CCCV is awesome too. It's important to have the support of other christian families.

:corinne: said...

Hmmm tough decision but I know the Lord has such a wonderful plan for each of your daughters and He'll guide you and Jose into making the right decision!

Mrs. R said...

I will keep you in my prayers as you continue with your discernment process.

Laura said...

Wow! Thank you so much for all of the support and prayers! It is truly appreciated and it helps to know that as we make our decisions we have friends and family there for support.