Wednesday, June 11, 2008

No...I Didn't Drop Off the Face of The Earth

I'm a baaaad blogger. I've missed it so much and almost everyday I think to myself, "I should blog about such and such." I can't remember all the things I wanted to post about so I guess I'll start off with a general update on what's happening in our lives:

Seminary: As of today (and sometimes our plans do change daily) it looks like Jose can register to go part time for one day a week. The details are still being worked out at his job and we're trusting the Lord that if its His will, things will indeed work out. He has also been looking closer to the school for a new job and so far the Lord hasn't opened any of those doors. We'll see!

Home schooling: We decided to apply with the ISP through our church for this coming year. I'm soooooooooooooo excited!! So is Annie. I hope I'm not looking at this adventure through rose-colored glasses. I know in my mind it will be hard consistent work, but it also sounds like so much fun to me. I have to temper my excitement as I'm ready to purchase every book written on the subject as well go broke buying supplies. The only thing I'm lamenting is the fact I'll have to give up my cleaning/laundry schedule in my mornings. I know myself and if I say I'm just going to switch the laundry over, I end up switching, folding, putting away, and putting in a new load all in time to start the process over again. Juggling school and household work, oh yeah and cooking and recreation and bills, etc. will be tricky. Any advice is much appreciated!!

Tupperware: I had an awesome first month due to God's blessing and some awesome friends who got the word out that I was selling. I've truly enjoyed doing my parties and getting my discount. All that said, I'll be putting my parties on hold in mid July so I can spend the remainder of the summer preparing for home school and spending quality time with Jose before his classes start up again.

A few other things going on: my dad is buying a house. I'm so happy for him! Its exactly what he's been looking for for a long time. Now we're going to spend the next couple months packing and packing and packing. The work will be well worth it.

I think I found a new hobby. Monday I went with my friend, Corinne, to scrapbook a little. At first I was reallly overwhelmed with all the paper and embellishments. I'm not creative by nature, but I'm not too bad at following instructions. By the end of our two hours I was hooked and I'm ready to start trying it at home. I couldn't believe how nice the pages came out...thanks to Corinne! Check out her blog and the fabulous pages she has come up with...http://haikuthoughts.blogspot.com/.

Yesterday was Annie's last day of school. :( I will miss her teachers and other kids so much as will she. Jose was able to take 1/2 day off work to join the fun at her party at the park. I'm so grateful the Lord allowed us to keep her in preschool this past year.

I think that is generally all that is happening. I'll post a few recent pictures later. Okay...I'm renewing my committment to journal. And so it begins (again).

4 comments:

Mrs. R said...

Good to see you back. :) Yay homeschooling! How exciting. :) I will keep both that and seminary in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!

Jess Stevens said...

So good to hear from you again!
Sounds like you have LOTS going on.

Anonymous said...

Dear Laura,

I am so excited for you and Jose. God has called you guys to a challenging, yet fun and adventurous ministry. Over all, the fruit that abounds from the work that you put into your children will be sweet and blessed. It reminds me of when families sell everything that they have after being called by God to another country as missionaries. It sounds crazy, but it's the most rewarding decision when we answer the call of God upon our lives. I can't wait to see you in action. Actually I already have. You are a wonderful mommy, and the best teacher that your girls will ever have apart from their daddy and God Himself.

God bless you,
Love,
Nettie

P.S. Sorting clothes, and making laundry time into an unstructured devotional is homeschooling.You tackle Bible (how our hearts were once dirty,etc.)practicle living skills, and math all at the same time.I have a book that you can barrow for the year. If you want to take a look at it, let me know.

Isa 6:1 IN the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up, and the train of His robe filled the temple.
Isa 6:2 Above it stood seraphim; each one had six wings: with two he covered his face, with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
Isa 6:3 And one cried to another and said:


"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD of hosts;
The whole earth is full of His glory!"

Isa 6:4 And the posts of the door were shaken by the voice of him who cried out, and the house was filled with smoke.
Isa 6:5 So I said:


"Woe is me, for I am undone!
Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King,
The LORD of hosts."

Isa 6:6 Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar.
Isa 6:7 And he touched my mouth with it, and said:


"Behold, this has touched your lips;
Your iniquity is taken away,
And your sin purged."

Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:


"Whom shall I send,
And who will go for Us?"


Then I said, "Here am I! Send me."