Thursday, June 19, 2008

Yesterday evening I returned home from a Tupperware delivery and 4 of our neighborhood girls were playing on our culdasac. These girls range from 8 to 10 years old, so while I don't mind Annie and Bekah playing with them a little (which my children think is so great), I'm cautious just because of the age difference and not knowing too much about the other families (call me paranoid!). Anyway, the girls all decided to come over and hang out in my patio area. They started asking about school and if Annie will go to the local public school next year. I said that no, I would be homeschooling her. At first they just paused and I thought I would hear something like, "That would be boring!!" but nope. Instead they began offering their old school papers and books. I told them we would be meeting with our church group on Fridays and doing different classes as well as many field trips. They thought that sounded pretty cool. I could only hope that all reactions to our new venture will be so supportive.

No comments: