Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Just Slightly Irritated

In the last week or so, I haven't had much time to watch the news. Apparently I haven't been missing anything...of moral value, that is. Last night I turned on the TV to catch up on the world a bit only to view L.A.'s mayor delightfully joining two men in matrimony (I won't dare label it holy matrimony). Then this morning I turned on the morning news to hear about the alleged "pregnancy pact" in a high school back east...supposedly 17 girls are pregnant in this particular school. 17!!! Anyway, one of anchors interviewed a couple - the boy being 20 years old and the girl being 17 years old...and 5 months pregnant. Now, I'm not passing judgement on these kids and they're not even the ones I was upset with. Its the anchor!!!! When he introduced this couple he actually told them, "Wow, congratulations. Its so wonderful and will change your life. Do you have a name picked out?" Is it just me or is there something wrong here? Hello?? Can anyone say "statutory rape"??? Whatever. I'm just slightly irritated.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm concerned for those are not Irritated. I was just reading Romans chapter one and Paul said that it is not only the ones who are doing those bad things that are in danger, but also those who approve. May God have Mercy on our Nation.

Now is the time to look up. Now is the time to pray.

Love,
Nettie

Anonymous said...

I could write a dissertation about homosexual marriage but I'll have to confine my remarks to a couple of short paragraphs. Hmmmph! To me marriage is a holy union between two people of opposite genders--period! Oops,(.) If two people of the same gender decide that they love each other and decide to be life's partners, then that's beyond my control. However, I strongly object to those persons of homosexual orientation being legally married and enjoying the blessings, rights, priviledges, and benefits of a legitimate union when their union is, in fact, NOT legitimate. The State may recognize and support this union but I don't think that God does. O.K., before I run out of room, the anchor you're talking about had his head up his armpit! Hmmmmph! If there is no marriage the child is a bastard. I thought that was a shameful thing. Society's values are changing, not only in the U.S. but around the world. Without the stability of a heterosexual marriage the family unit will evolve into a perverse and cheap immitation of what God intended. O.K., I'm done. Grrrrr.

Leti said...

If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14 - my words would be insane, so I'll let God's Word speak.

Jesus is at the door!

Mrs. R said...

I can't believe that reporter either. I would have been reprimanded if I had done a "softball" interview when there were so many obvious issues to...uh...discuss.