Saturday, November 29, 2008

Is It Too Early to Make A New Year's Resolution?

So my 30th birthday is less than two months away, but I sure am feeling old lately. I can't eat junk food and feel good anymore. I actually notice that my body hurts a bit when I stand up after sitting a long time. I was so looking forward to a couple of relaxing days around the house this weekend, but that didn't even make me feel good, just lazy and unproductive. I know I'm going to regret putting this in writing, but I know I need to work out {cringe}. Maybe that will be my New Year's resolution.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Begin your program gradually with moderation. The key is to STICK to your resolution and make it your "new" lifestyle. :-) Take it from a geezer, exercise helps a lot!

Mrs. R said...

That's been my New Year's resolution for years...it hasn't done much good...

Jannette Thrasher said...

Baby steps. I had to change my whole lifestyle when I found out about my disease.

No pork,beef,Dairy,soy,sugar,gluten,or any chemicals in any products including makeup,lotion,shampoo,etc. Very extream.

I asked the Lord how in the world can I live up to this.I have to start eating yucky food, and excersizing? I have to take vitamins? Lots of them?I hate taking vitamins.

So I prayed and the Lord helped me to loose 10 lbs. I realized that I needed to do something. I felt like 30 years old hit me hard. But I really think its having kids and my hormonal disease that made me age faster than I wanted.

I'm not on the diet now because when your pregnant the pain subsides. So if you see me breaking alot of rules, Like stuffing my face with pie,cookies,milk,fruit,chicken.cheese.
Don't worry, I have to go back on the diet after I have the baby.

But if you want a good excersise program. Try the step climber for ten min. a day to get your heart rate up, your legs and emmune system strong.

If you don't like to swallow pills.Try Vitamin C packets.

Leti said...

I hear you, although I am way past you - lol! I know for me what has worked best has been Curves...not too much, not too little and keeps me on a "schedule" "routine" (got to love them schedules...he!he!)

I find that some type of exercise, at any age, is a wise thing to do - so a big "hurray" to you.

Leti said...

p.s. I simply LOVE you new lay out;)