Monday, February 11, 2008

Refreshed

Yesterday while in church, something hit me that I hadn't realized before. I miss worship in English so very much. As I've mentioned before, we attend a church primarily for Spanish speakers. We do have a study in English before the main service, so I'm able to hear the sermon that way. And thankfully we do have our worship leader play a few songs in English for worship. But there is nothing like being able to sing to the Lord with the whole congregation and fully understand what I'm singing. So last night we went to an English service and it was so refreshing. I loved being able to worship with all of my heart and mind, since I understood what I was singing. I miss that so much. It made me think of all those missionaries in the world who can't just drive 20 minutes and fully participate in a church service in their first and most comfortable language. I am so blessed.

No comments: