Thursday, February 7, 2008

What??!!!!!! What??!!!!! (Dad...I know you're saying the title of this post outloud :) )

It wasn't until last night when I lost my voice that I realized how incessantly my children ask questions, especially in the car. I guess I have a little cold or something, but I have zero voice power right now which means a lot of whispering on my part. But for every car ride (there have been four long 30+ minute ones so far) my children constantly ask me questions even after agreeing to let Mommy rest her voice. Then they get frustrated with me for not answering normally. Hmmmph.

Yesterday I took the kids to the library since we hadn't been in a while. I decided that when they express an interest in any particular subject, to the library we will go. So Annie checked out a few books - one about a loose tooth since she desperately wants one, one about germs which will provide for a few science experiments about hand washing and also mold (can't wait for that last one!), and one about grasshoppers and crickets. Bekah checked out one about how pigs grow from babies to adults and another about frogs. So with all of the wonderful knowledge my children are ready to soak in, I go and lose my voice and can't read to them. Oh well. The Bible says, "In a multitude of words, sin is not lacking" (Prov. 10:19). For now I have no choice in the matter. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know me so well!

:-)

Leti said...

I hope you are feeling better and got your voice back...I understand:)

Jess Stevens said...

LOL, been there! Hope your cold passes & your voice returns so your girls can enjoy the books.

:corinne: said...

Hope you get your voice back soon.
Hey can you email me with your addy? Thanks, I'm gonna send you something :)