Thursday, February 28, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

That was the only thing I could think of to title this post...its what I feel like screaming (in a good way)! Yesterday we received a very important and much anticipated letter in the mail. It was addressed to my husband and the first three sentences read: "I am delighted to inform you that your application for admission to The Master's Seminary has been approved for the fall 2008 semester. You have been accepted for studies leading towards the Bachelor of Theology degree."

The Master's Seminary is an awesome seminary founded by one of our favorite Bible expositors, John MacArthur. We didn't know for sure if he would be accepted, but praise the Lord he is!!! So now we're just going to be seeking the Lord's will as far as work, money, and home location as Jose's desire is to attend the school full time.

Our dream since we met was to be in the ministry. Jose has had the call of teaching since he gave his heart to the Lord in 1995. The Lord has put the desire to be fully equipped in Jose's heart and we're so excited to see the Lord making the way for that to happen. Please be in prayer for us for all the things mentioned above.

God's timing is so good, no make that perfect. I'm heading to a women's retreat this weekend and I really wanted to know if Jose was accepted before I left. Now I have something extra special to praise the Lord for as well as more specific direction on what and how to pray.

One of the aspects of TMS that I'm looking forward to with all my heart and praying the Lord lets me be a part of is the seminary wives ministry. A ministry just for the wives!!! How awesome is that!! I can't wait to see how this all unfolds. We're just rejoicing in God's faithfulness and are excited to watch Him move in our lives.

"Blessed be the Lord, Because He has heard the voice of my supplications! The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusted in Him, and I am helped; Therefore my heart greatly rejoices, And with my song I will praise Him" - Psalm 28:6-9

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Jose, you, and the girls! Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

Oops, I forgot! Have a WONDERFUL time at the retreat this weekend!

Leti said...

Rejoicing with you all and praying for God's perfect will in all things. What an exciting time!

cathy said...

Hi LAura, This is Cathy. I am Jessica and Corinne's sister in law! We live up in Castaic and attend Grace Communiyt. Please let us know if there is anything we can help you with as you make your way here!! Jess told me yesterday that you were accepted. You may get my number from her if you want. Call anytime with anything!!

:corinne: said...

YAY!!! Congrats Laura and Jose. How exciting for you and your family!