Friday, November 7, 2008

I know my blog is in need of an update, but since I can't remember everything I wanted to write, I'll have to update with some pictures. In general, we are thoroughly enjoying homeschool...at home, field trips, and Friday school with our church group. Annie is doing wonderful with her reading and we're having fun with our unit studies. So far we have done units on creation, the sun, the moon, leaves and trees, apples, nests and other animal homes, and this week we are learning about turtles. Jose is doing very well in all of his school classes and is continuing to amaze me as he balances home, work, school, and church. I've been enjoying my small group Bible study on Thursday nights as well. Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks (they are not in chronological order)...

We took a field trip to Stater Bros. this week where the kids toured the stock room, meat department, freezer, and produce room. They were given a cookie, apple, balloon, pencil bag, deli hat, candy, pencil and eraser. Thanks Stater Bros.!
Annie wouldn't wear her hat. She said it made her feel silly. We can't have that now!

Annie was a bunny and Bekah was Little Red Riding Hood. We went to our church's Hallelujah party and had lots of fun. I got to paint faces...poor kids - I am so not an artist. Then I got to paint my own sweet babies' faces.


3 comments:

Mrs. R said...

Just thought I'd tell you that you are doing a GREAT job at homeschooling. :) What fun activities you have for your girls.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back on the blog! Great photos.

Megs said...

Hi Laura!
Thanks for visiting my blog! I noticed your name on Corinne's blog so I thought I would check what you and your family are up to. I can't believe how big and beautiful your girls are! Time flys! That is really great that you are homeschooling. I am pretty sure that I will be doing the same when it comes time. Tell everyone I said "Hi" We miss everyone down south!
Love & Blessings,
Megan