Monday, November 17, 2008

Let Me Dote on Annie For A Minute















I realize that many times I've written about a funny quote Bekah has said or some silly thing she did but I haven't written so much about my Annie. While Bekah is definitely our more outgoing and giggly child, Annie also has a wonderful personality that we are so blessed by. She has a tender heart and has a desire to help others. She asked if we could find a way to feed the hungry so she was excited when we got take a trip to the store and buy food to donate to a ministry who does just that. Whenever sharing her faith is brought up, she always wants to remind her sister that Jesus loves her and wants her heart. She makes pictures for Bekah and little surprises just to see her smile. The other evening Annie insisted on washing dishes and then told me she wants to do everything Mama does. That kind of responsibility on my part blows me away. I know how much she watches me and tries to imitate me. Lord, help me be the best example I can be of a godly person, wife, mommy, and friend. And may my daughers exceed my own endeavors in the race of faith.

On a proud mommy note, I'm so excited that Annie wanted me to sign her up to be in our church's children's Christmas play and choir. I've been waiting since she was born to see my baby in a play. I know she'll be one of many cute kids up there, but to me she'll be a shining light. There is a country song that says, "To the world you may be just another girl. But to me, Baby you are the world." I feel that way about both my girls and am so thankful for my blessings.

2 comments:

Jannette Thrasher said...

What a great picture to hold on to and cherish. Annie has many gifts that have blessed me and I'm sure many others.I loved the book that she wrote for me.

Your desire to cultivate a Godly character in your girls is the best thing a mother can give. Little sister Bekha will follow in the steps of big sister. And it is a blessing that they are being raised in a Christian home by God fearing parents. It will be amazing to see them grow up.

Love,
Nettie

1 Tim 4:12
Let no one despise your youth, but be an example to the believers in word,in conduct,in love,in spirit,in faith,& in purity.

Leti said...

I simply love this picture. Both Annie and Bekah are so unique and have their own special ways. God will continue to honor your desire to raise them up in the ways of the LORD. And, indeed, one day we will see more fruit of your labor (we already see it!) - God bless you and continue to give you all that you need to accomplish His Work in your girls.