Saturday, November 15, 2008

Yum! Yum!

At a meeting last week there was a delicious dessert that I got the recipe to. Its a nice variation of pumpkin pie. Here you go...

Upside Down Pumpkin Cake

1 - 29 oz. can pure pumpkin
1 - 12 oz. can evaporated milk
3/4 - 1 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 cup butter (2 sticks)
chopped pecans or walnuts
whipped cream

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine pumpkin, sugar, and milk. Beat eggs and add to the pumpkin mixture. Add spices. Mix thoroughly (2-4 min.). Pour batter into 13x9 pan. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over top of pumpkin batter. Drizzle melted butter over cake mixture. Sprinkle pecans over top (watch carefully that the nuts do not burn). Bake 1 hour. Garnish with whipped cream.

2 comments:

Jannette Thrasher said...

Thanks! I think I'll try it out. I hope it comes out yummy.

Love,
Nettie

Leti said...

YUMMMM! I think I will try it too:)