Wednesday, April 8, 2009

100 Lessons...Done.




Annie and I were excited today because she finished her reading lessons that we began in the fall. We used "Teach Your Child To Read in 100 Easy Lessons" and I highly recommend it. Annie is doing fantastic with her reading and will now be moving on to real books. Bekah is also doing a great job with her reading lessons and is somewhere in the mid 30's.

Teaching my children has truly been a joy so far this year. Being the one to watch those little light bulbs go on in their heads is such a privilege. I am so glad we decided to homeschool this year!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to talk to you about this! I've been debating about homeschooling... but don't know much about it at all. John's on the "nay-saying" side thus far, but I think it's because we really know nothing about it... and coming from the teacher-side, I definitely know the down-side to public (and even private) education... but there are pros too... anyway, I'll have to chat you up about it!

Jannette Thrasher said...

Zeekie is in the 20's. I never thought that he would be the one to use it. Congradulations Annie! Way to go Bekah!

Leti said...

Praise the LORD! Laura you have done and are doing a wonderful "job" with the girls. Congratulations to Annie and to her wonderful teacher. I know Bek will do wonderful too:)

Dad said...

Congratulations to Annie! Bekah, you're doing great too.

Melody said...

Hey you! I didn't know you had a blog! :) I'm so happy now!

:corinne: said...

I'll have to keep this book in mind for our children. Thanks for sharing Laura. But yes this book may have helped but it's definitely the teacher that makes the difference.

Bridget said...

I was planning on using this for Landen...so you liked it? It worked...it's nice I can go to you for help for the younger years and I can help you for the older:)