Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bye Bye Butterlies!















Yesterday we finished off our caterpillar to butterfly project. Thankfully, we got 5 healthy, beautiful butterflies from our 5 disgusting little caterpillars. :) They came out of each chrysalis so quickly each time that I thought we weren't going to actually catch one in the act. But we were able to catch the last one emerging from its cocoon so that was great. The girls let them go yesterday. It was a fun project and I think any child would enjoy it. In a few weeks, we'll be having our own ant hill!


7 comments:

Melody said...

You're so good, doing Bekah's hair just so you can release butterflies! ;) I can't wait to do this with the kids!

Adrienne said...

I am so glad your butterflies were successful. Apparently I am the only person with deformed butterflies!

Sandy said...

Oh! We did that once. I have pics somewhere....It was sooo fun. I remember that we stood outside for some time waiting for the butterflies to fly away and some just lingered in the bushes for a very long time! I loved them:)

Dad said...

Congratulations on a project well done!

Anonymous said...

How fun!

Leti said...

How fun:) Look at Bek's face, this is priceless.

Mrs. R said...

First catepillars and now ants? You're brave...