Saturday, March 8, 2008

Children's Dreams




Last night I read my girls "The Legend of the Three Trees" in which three trees state what they want their wood to be made into when they grow up. None of them end up being what they dreamed for themselves, but instead God used them to make the manger Baby Jesus lay in, the ship He sailed on when He calmed a great storm, and the cross He died on to save us from our sins. The moral of the story is that our ways are not always God's, but His are always best. So after we finished I asked the girls what they dreamed for their own lives. Annie first said she wants to go to heaven. Great...loved that answer. For her life on earth she wants to be a mommy, a singer, a dancer, and a ballerina. When I asked Bek for her response she said, "I want to ride the ferris wheel." Oh to be 3.

4 comments:

Carolee said...

I just love little kids responses!! They are priceless.
I just read your previous post too. Congratulations on your husbands acceptance. What a wonderful and exciting time for your family:)

Leti said...

got to love little children, they keep us dreaming and smiling

Anonymous said...

How sweet and precious is the faith of a child. Ohhhh how I pray for that perspective of heaven. Little worries and big hopes. Last night my sister spent the night, before we all went to bed Zeekie was concerned for his aunt who was sleeping down stairs by herself. I told him, " Don't worry, Jesus is down there with Aunt Issie".
Right away his eyes got as big as saucers and he sat up as though he was going to run downstairs to meet Him. Zeekie is always talking about Jesus coming to get him and take him to his mansion with an elevator (or in Zeekie language, "alligator") with a little fat button that he can press. I had to calm him down and let him know that Jesus is in Issies heart, and that he will take us when it is God's timing, but not right now. I wish that I was as ready as he is.
I hope to hear more about your girls. I enjoy their personalities.

Love,
Nettie

Anonymous said...

Ferris wheels are great but I prefer roller coasters! :-)