Friday, January 23, 2009

10 Great Years

Today marks our 10th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how time has flown. This morning we were at church for Friday school, and I was reminiscing how 10 years ago exactly I was in the room getting ready. We planned our wedding for 10am, the earliest time available because I just knew I could not wait all day. In fact, we had moved our wedding date from March to February to January. We didn't want to wait any longer than we had to. Not that I would ever recommend it to any young couple, but we started dating in May of '98, became engaged 3 months later in August, and were married 5 months later in January. We just knew. At the time so many people thought we were too young (he was 22 and I was 2 weeks into being 20)and that it just wasn't a good idea. But it turned out to be God's perfect idea. There are no regrets and we've seen the Lord faithfully sustain us and provide for us. I love my Jose more today than 10 years ago, though 10 years ago I would have said I couldn't imagine loving him more. Our wedding day was the most gorgeous day I've seen...about 75 degrees, clear as crystal and sunny. When those doors opened and I laid eyes on my love, it seemed everyone else disappeared completely. He is still my love, my friend, my companion, my encourager, the perfect father for our children, and the one I would marry all over again. I love you, Jose...Happy Anniversary!

I was going to post a wedding picture, but the scanner and I are not getting along right now. It will be posted as soon as I can figure it out.

6 comments:

José J. said...

Everyone knows I got the better end of the deal, in fact, I got the BEST. Thank you for making it so!

Love you!

Megs said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe how time flys by! What an awesome example you guys have been to me and I am sure to many others. God bless you guys!

lulu said...

happy anniversary. i love you guys

anjmama said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe how time flies! I remember your wedding day driving to the church and just telling the Lord what a beautiful, perfect day He gave you guys! I still remember it so clearly...love you guys! Love, meanie :)

Carolee said...

Congratulations on 10 years!! We had ours last August. When I married I was only 19, yikes! I sometimes wonder how I was able to make such a big decision at such a young age but then I remember who was guiding me:)

Mrs. R said...

I still remember standing up there and watching you walk down the aisle. :) Happy belated Anniversary!