Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Picky Piggies

I'm getting frustrated. In the last two months I have purchased 3 pairs of tennis shoes for Annie. Within a week, she complained about each pair being too tight on her little piggies. So, cringing, I headed to Stide Rite today because I know they really are well- made (and priced to show it!) and I figured the employees could measure Annie's feet and let me know what would be the best fit for her. The poor store associate must have tried 7 or 8 different pairs of shoes...with no satisfaction on Annie's part. The associate assured me they were not too tight as she moved her fingers around all parts of the shoes(sigh). The only pair of shoes she wears without complaining are some black Mary Jane's from Target. But even the tennis shoes from there are cause for complaint for my picky girl. I guess she'll be in those black Mary Jane's for a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shoes that fit properly are VERY important. Ask any podiatrist and he/she will tell you how people abuse their feet with ill-fitting shoes, poor arch support, fashionable shoes with scrunched toes, etc. By the time you walk on your feet about forty or fifty years they will complain to you BIG TIME if you've abused them! As far as I know, good arch support, a soft and pliable sole, and a wide toebox are the most important aspects and sometimes less expensive shoes have all of these qualities. Ask your pediatrician if he/she can recommend any particular store or cheaper brand. How do I know so much about shoes? From studying the literature about running shoes! I STILL buy running shoes to walk in. Buena suerte! Oh, P.S. I saw Gale today and she says that Beau and her son are inseparable and that he's doing terrifically well!

Jess Stevens said...

oh my goodness, I sure hope those mary jane's last as long as you need them to ;-)