Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Picture in My Head

In the mornings I'm reading through the book of Exodus. Something caught my attention the other day that I keep meditating on. Its a picture of how God responds when we cry out to Him:

Then the children of Israel groaned because of the bondage, and they cried out; and their cry came up to God because of the bondage. So God heard their groaning, and God remembered His covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob. And God looked upon the children of Israel, and God acknowledged them.
-Exodus 2:23b-25

I just love imagining God through this whole process. He really does hear His children's prayers.

2 comments:

Jess Stevens said...

what a beautiful picture, TFS

Leti said...

there was this thought that the Lord put on my heart a while back - He sees; He hears; He knows; He cares...this is a reminder of how intimately concerned He is to my cries...and the fact is that He has all the power to take care of what concerns me - how great is that! Thank you so much for the reminder.