Saturday, November 3, 2007

"You Are My Sunshine, My Only Sunshine, You Make Me Ha-ppy! When Skies Are Gray..."


I just want to dote on my Annie for a minute. I almost broke out in the song above to her last night and I'll tell you why. With Bekah having been sleep-deprived and feeling sick, the last few days she's acted a bit, hmmm, is monsterish too mean of a word to describe her? Anyway, yesterday she was acting up all day long, unable to be appeased, whining, and being downright mean. I was having a really hard time keeping my cool. Annie totally sensed I was having a rough time and all day would go out of her way to be a good and loving kid. She would just smile and tell me "I love you, Mommy" and "you're so beautiful, Mommy", etc. She really did brighten my day with her attitude and extra love. Without that, I may have seriously lost it with Bek. Thankfully Bek had a little better attitude today, which I hope progressively improves over the next few days.

Speaking of "brightening up", did you notice the picture of Annie above? Yes, my little girl started using a sleep mask because her bedroom is super bright during the day and also Bekah has this thing now where she has to fall asleep with the light on at night. Annie wants it dark. So this sleep mask is our compromise. Is she a little princess or what?? Whenever I think of sleeping masks I think of Whitley on A Different World. You know, that late 80's sitcom? I know I'm wierd. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Annie looks like a movie star getting her beauty sleep! I guess that beauty runs in the family!

Leti said...

beauty must run in the family...she looks like auntie Leti...LOL Just kidding!!! She is so beautiful, as is Bek. And Laura, no you are not weird, I think of that too. In fact, I didn't even know "sleeping masks" even existed, outside of the glamour world. I think I might get me one...he!he! As for Bek, I sure hope her spout has ended and she gets a better attitude. Hang in there, Dear Friend. You are doing great!