Thursday, September 18, 2008

Field Trip Flop

Today was our field trip to the county fair. All three of us were looking forward to it. If you know me at all, you know I don't like large crowds, heat, and carrying backpacks, strollers, etc. However, I was so determined to make this a great day for my kids and not leave early (as I usually do from things like this). But my allergies were SO bad. The last couple of days I've really been battling them. And today was no exception, especially with all the farm animals and hay, etc. (which of course was the main attraction for my kids). We only were able to stay for a little over an hour. My kids were really disapppointed we couldn't stay longer, but my attack was so bad I could barely see through my swollen, watery eyes and could barely breathe with my congested sinuses. Rrrrrrr! Thankfully in the hour we were there the girls got to see the animals and some educational discovery booths. I really want to make this up to them. Here are some photos of our hour at the fair:







3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I empathize with your allergy problem! Mine have been giving me TERRIBLE problems for the last few days. Had a tour at the Mission Inn yesterday & could hardly go 15 seconds without having to sniffle & rub my eyes. Hay is the WORST! One time when we went to the fair as a family we had to leave early because of MY hay allergy! We must be related! Got my shots today and I feel better! :-)

Anonymous said...

Post Script: That's a great hat that Annie's wearing! :-)

Leti said...

I love the pictures!!! Sorry for those yucky alergies...hope you are feeling better.