Friday, September 5, 2008

Yesterday was a packed day. We did school in the morning as usual. I can already tell an area Annie will be working hard on...handwriting. She had to copy a Bible verse and it was hard for her to go back and forth from the small print and find her place after each letter. She got pretty frustrated but we took a minute to pray and re-focus and she finished.

















Then we got to go on our first official fieldtrip! We went to The Huntington Gardens in San Marino. The first Thursday of every month is free and since this week we are studying creation, it was a great place to go enjoy God's nature creations. It was very hot but the kids were troopers and had good attitudes. Thankfully I had my mom along for help. Here are a few pictures:








Then we had a homeschool meeting at church. It was nice to meet the leaders and hear the theme for our school year: "Come, my children, listen to me. I will teach you the fear of the Lord." Psalm 34:11

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowie ZOWIE! I wish that MY kindergarden had been this much fun! Enjoy your time with the girls!

Leti said...

You, my friend, are in full swing! How fun this day must have been. I love the pictures. What a joy and priviledge to have Grandma be a part of this experience.

Jess Stevens said...

You are an awesome Mom! Love the pic of Annie writing out her verse & what a wonderful opportunity to teach her who to go to when we are having trouble with something. Thanks so much for sharing, you inspire me.