Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Miscellaneous

So far school is going well. Each morning we go through our routine and Bekah has been very enthusiastic about joining in the fun. In addition to studying each day of creation, we review the alphabet daily. I am so blessed that both of my girls already have letter recognition down (thanks to preschool for Annie and the show "Super Why" on PBS for Bekah) so that part of school is a breeze. Hopefully Bekah will still stick with school when we're learning new concepts. :)

This morning Bekah called me to their room to check out how tall she is on their growth chart. I said, "Wow, Bek, you're three feet tall!" So the rest of the morning she insisted she does NOT have 3 feet, only two, and kept looking at her actual feet. I don't think she's ready for measurements. :)

The girls wanted to make bird feeders, so we made some primitive looking contraptions out of orange juice cartons, rope, twigs for perches, and birdseed. I hope the birds enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three feet?! HA! Leave it to the kids to put a new meaning on stuff that we take for granted! :-)

Anonymous said...

What an adorable picture. Cool bird feeders.

Beka thinks just like Zeek. It makes me chuckle.

I asked Zeekie what he wanted to name the baby, and he said: "a gwil".(girl)

I just love how matter- fact the little ones are.

Have a blessed week.

Love,
Nettie

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura,
It was so good to see you Sunday, I wish we could have chatted longer. I just love reading your blog. Keep up the good work homeschooling! Your girls are so blessed!
Love,
Crystal