Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Every Now and Then...

I meet a person who truly encourages me in the Lord and the endeavors He has placed before me. A couple days ago I met the sweetest lady ever. She has five children and has home-schooled them K-12th grade, each and every one, and is graduating her youngest this month. Wow. And you know what? She isn't glad to be done. She is actually sad that this season in her life is ending. She only had wonderful things to say about her family's experience and reminded me of a few very important things like that we are making disciples of Jesus Christ. She gave me her phone number and most sincerely offered to talk or get together if I would like to. She is definitely someone I'd like to spend time with. I see where she is as something to shoot for. I know homeschooling in no way guarantees children who follow the Lord whole-heartedly, but hers are. And the family all seems very close...and highly functional socially (for anyone who is wondering). :) And stong academically. These are my goals in our homeschool and I got to meet someone who crossed that finish line.

I thank the Lord for people like her who are willing to reach out and offer help to those of us just starting out.

No comments: