Thursday, June 25, 2009

Weekend Recap

I know...its Thursday and I'm doing a post called "Weekend Recap". I just haven't made the time to sit down and post some pictures. We had a full and wonderful weekend. On Saturday Rebekah and I celebrated my cousin, Marina's, college graduation. It was a fun party with a live reggae band and Bekah danced her little heart out. I stood back and watched, wondering at times what in the world kind of moves she was doing. The next day she informed me she did the "hot dog dance" like Goofy on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. So that's what she was doing. Meanwhile Jose took Annie to their first "father/daughter" banquet at church. Annie was excited to get all dressed up and even borrow Mommy's pearls for her big date with daddy. Look how nice they looked!















It was a fiesta theme...















The next morning was Father's Day and we were up early with lots of love and cards for Daddy. Off to church we went in Canoga Park for the second Sunday. Jose was asked to preach for a classmate of his from seminary...in Spanish. Every opportunity Jose has ever been given to preach is in Spanish. I'm thinkin' I ought to make a conscious effort to learn it. I took my 2 years in high school but it's the conversational Spanish that I get totally confused with.















In the picture above, Jose got to address the fathers for Father's Day and the children were able to go present little gifts for them. Annie included....it was really sweet. And each time Jose has ever been allowed to give the message I've always wanted to take a picture, but I suppose that would be a little inappropriate :) . So the next best option is having my 6 year old do it while he prayed. :) We won't do it again, but at least I got a picture!

















Here is my wonderful husband with the two beautiful reasons he can celebrate Father's Day...















We topped the day off with a yummy dinner at Vince's with my dad, Jeff, Renee, and of course my honey and sugars.







5 comments:

Megs said...

Hi Laura...I'm so sorry we missed seeing you too this past weekend! I was hoping to see you there at Kristen's shower, but yes, definentely next time! You look great and your girls are the cutest things. I love to read your stories about them:)

Leti said...

Annie's smile with her Daddy and then with her sombrero is priceless. Here is a happy girl with her Daddy:) Then Jose with the girls - wow, what a beautiful picture. Then you add your Dad with his precious son and daughter and you have a wonderful family. Thanks for sharing.

btw I love Jose's pictures behind the pulpit...all glory be to God!

Sandy said...

what a blessing! sooo neat!

Mrs. R said...

I didn't realize Jose has always preached in Spanish...hmmm...is that the Lord telling you something? :) J/K...kind of... :) Glad you guys had a great day.

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie, this is the first time I've been to your blog. Congratulations on the new addition & I love the picture of the Gutierrez clan. Kisses and Greetings to Jose and the girls - love, Sue