Thursday, January 3, 2008

Catching Up

I realize I've been absent for a week and a half...we've been a little busy. :) Christmas Eve started out fabulous - got the girls all dressed up and excited for our festivities. They looked beautiful in their dresses. At Steve and Sue's, we enjoyed a tamale dinner and entertainment provided by my daughters. Bek is quite the little showman as she took it upon herself to gather each family member together for a singing/piano show. It was lots of fun to watch. But not much later Annie approached me complaining of a sore throat and tummy trouble. And sure enough within 20 minutes, her dinner was lost. :( I'm not feeling so great at this point either - maybe my jeans we too tight. So we decide it would be best to pack up and go home. We were so sad as we had only begun to do stockings and had to leave so abruptly. On the way home I had to ask Jose to speed up a little...my jeans were not too tight. I had what Annie had. So Annie and I were up all night, purging. Bekah joined us around 1am which led us to our not-so-merry Christmas morning. We were miserable all day long. Both of my parents and Jeff and Amie were kind (and brave I might add) enough to come over and exchange presents. The saddest thing was that my kids didn't even feel like opening gifts. It took until Thursday morning to unwrap everything. Thankfully our stomach flu was a 24 hr. bug and we were feeling much better by late Wednesday. Unfortunately it was Wed. evening when Annie came down with a raging cold. So on to urgent care with the rest of the Inland Empire for two hours Thursday morning to hear Annie has bronchitis (thankfully a mild case). Annie passed her cold to both Jose and I which we're still trying to get over. Annie is much better now. :) Let's see, what else has happened? Oh yes, on Tuesday we had dinner at Auntie Leti's house and somehow Bekah slipped, dove, leaned or something off of her chair and smacked her head on the hard floor. She scared us pretty bad as for a few seconds she acted strange in Jose's arms...so off to the ER we go! Thank the Lord she is fine and just got a nasty bump on the back of her head.

At some time through all of these events there were fun things that happened too! I got to visit with my friend, Janine, who is visiting from Minnesota. She kind of chuckled at my coat and gloves as we walked from the car to Red Robin...I know I don't know what cold really feels like. She said she was the warmest she's been in months! I don't know how you do it, Janine! Also, I got to visit with my friend, Tami who I haven't seen in few months. We always have the best conversations and never want to end our visits. I also was able to take Fatima, a girl from church, to breakfast and on a nice walk through Victoria Gardens. Jose has put in a few trips to the driving range with Joser...and now they're introducing Jaime to their new pastime. Also, they are progressing in their skills as another fellow golfer asked for some advice from them at the driving range! Way to go Jose's!

We're starting our new year off the way I like...with some re-arranging of the furniture and getting everything organized. Jose moved his desk and bookshelves to the garage as an office and now we have an actual bedroom again! I like our new setup and am excited to use my vanity as it was meant to be used. It belonged to my Aunt Terry growing up and I'm honored to have it in my care now. I just need to find a stool and mirror and I'll be all set.

That's about all for now. I'm sure I'll have more to write. Thanks for reading and Happy New Year!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel. We have had the same type of trials. Zeekie got the flu last week also, then Trinity and him both had some cold that they passed to me and now I am barely getting over a cold that took my voice away for three days. God works in mysteriouse ways. I'm glad that you got to spend time with friends and family, as it can be refreshing after the sick days. I think thats a good idea as far as re-organizing. it always makes me feel ready to go, go, go, that extra few miles. I would love to hear Annie sing and play piano. Next time I see you guys. Maybe after our family is feeling a little better.
I've never been to the Victoria Gardens. I keep hearing of how nice it is. What a great place for fellowship and a simple breather away from the every day.
Hope your Day is filled with the many blessings and promises that are already available to us in Christ.

Love,
Jannette, (a.k.a) Nettie

Anonymous said...

Love love love the falling snowflakes on your blog. :)

Leti said...

I'm glad you are back! I too love, love the snowflakes and the winter look of your blog.

Anonymous said...

Snowflakes are entirely too "cool;" (no pun intended)! Can you do raindrops for this weekend's weather?!

:-)