Friday, January 18, 2008

Out on the Town

I got back a little while ago from a little outing with 5 of our Jr. High girls from church. My friend and fellow servant from Jr. High ministry, Lupe, and myself took the girls to see Alvin and the Chipmunks. The high school girls were also invited but opted to see something else on their own (I really can't blame them...I wouldn't have wanted to see that movie in high school either). I love these Jr. Highers. They are so much fun and still are not too humiliated to cruise to the movies on a Friday night in a mini-van. :) After the movie they wanted to get a snack. Now in my pre/early teen days, my friends and I would have requested a slurpee or a coke...not these 21st century girlies. Its Starbucks all the way! No objection on my part. I just hope with all this coffee consumption on their part, they aren't the same height ten years from now. :) I'm looking forward to another outing hopefully soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, the Starbucks by me is always full of teenagers. The caffeine in the drinks really isn't as much a problem as the caloric content. The belief that caffeine stunts growth is a myth, but the connection between sugar consumption and obesity is real. A venti frappuccino, for example, has about the same calories as a Big Mac, and almost all of it from sugar...

Anonymous said...

During my H.S. days (when dinos roamed the earth and the rest of the solar system was forming) it was "Frosties" (Foster's Freeze) for a Coke or root beer float. These days it's a high-protein fruit smoothie made at home. Pretty soon it'll be a glass of warm milk and then off to bed at 7:30.

Leti said...

Movie and Starbucks, wow! can it get any better than that. I'm sure you girls had lots of fun.

H.S. days - can't even remember that far. I'm already at the 7:30 bedtime. he!he!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome privillage to be a part of the girls lives, watching them grow to know Jesus and grow up in the Church. A safe sanctuary from this evil world.. I would have loved to have a Christian influence back when I was that age. May the Lord continue to guide you and Lupe in this minisrty.

Love,
Nettie

P.s. Have you seen the new veggie tales movie? Zeekie was a little scared.