Friday, January 18, 2008

The Tender Heart of a Child




I've been meaning to share this on my blog for several weeks, but obviously I haven't been blogging so much lately. Anyway, one day Annie had asked Daddy to do something with her, but he was busy and asked her to find something to do by herself for a little while. So a few minutes later she returned to him with the above picture in hand. She told him, "Its a picture of your family so you can remember them." As many of you are aware, Jose's parents passed away within 9 months of each other when he was 15 years old. We've talked a little about them with the kids, and Annie has seen a couple of pictures, but she totally nailed the details on the picture. Guille (Jose's mom) was ever so slightly taller than Martin (his dad). He has two older sisters, so the height was also correct there. Not to mention his sister, Monica, is pointing at him since afterall he was the spoiled little baby boy of the family and from what I understand there was perpetual sibling rivalry when they were all together. Anyway, it was the tenderness of Annie's heart that touched us so much. She knows Daddy misses his own mom and dad so she wanted to help out in a way she knew she could. That picture is now in a bright red frame in our living room with the word "love" inscribed on the bottom.

3 comments:

Leti said...

I loved this story when you told me it and I love reading about it. "Out of the mouth of babes". Annie is very observative. No wonder the Lord tells us to be as little children. We can learn alot from these beautiful, innocent little people.

Jess Stevens said...

wow, she sure does have a tender & compassionate heart, that is beautiful. what a keepsake.

Anonymous said...

I love this blog,and of course it made me cry.How sweet of Annie to do that,Its a beautiful picture.
Which one of them is me.....
I love you guys =)