Thursday, January 10, 2008

Happy Birthday Laura!!!

As you know I don’t normally post on Laura’s blog. However, today is a very special occasion and I wanted to just take a little space on her blog to mention this special day.

The girls and I are so blessed with Laura’s unending love for us. She is so patient with us and always is showering us with her love. Whenever we feel the smallest illness coming along she gets so concerned and begins trying to care for us even before we are bedridden. She sacrifices so much for us.

Laura has great love and concern for her friends and those in need. She would give up our clothes (that’s where I come in to make sure we keep our clothes!) to help a friend or person in need. I am always challenged in my life by her example of compassion and the way she displays Christ’s love for others.

I could go on and on but I know that even the simple post will embarrass her and that is not the goal. The goal is to celebrate this wonderful woman of God! I know that she is who she is because of the work of Jesus in her life. Yet, we get to reap the fruit of her relationship with Christ and it is indeed a blessing to partake of it.

Happy Birthday Precious! We love you!!!!

José, Annie, & Bekah

9 comments:

Leti said...

Happy Birthday Laura! May you continue to grow in grace as you seek to please Your Savior Jesus.

This post reminds me of Proverbs 31:28, "Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her."

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart!

:corinne: said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!!! Oh what a sweetie your Hubby is! Hope your day is filled with many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday my dear friend. I thank God for you!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR LAURAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

You are Truly Gods princess. And He Loves you so much. We thank Him for Using you as a vessle of honor to further the kingdom. You are truly blessed and truly a blessing.

Say hello to the kidoes.

Love,
Nettie

P.s. I am curious to know how long you have lived on this earth. I know its not a proper question to ask, but you have to be younger than me.

Anonymous said...

I too want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY Laura. thank you for loving my babe brother so much. Love you too

Mrs. R said...

Amen to this post!!

And Laura, I hope you had a great birthday. :)

Jess Stevens said...

hope your day was beautiful with blessings Laura! you have a wonderful husband to post something so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Jose, those are wonderful words and Laura is lucky to have you and the girls.

Despite her adulthood, she remains my "baby girl" but I always honor her as a fine woman, mother, and daughter. May our Lord continue to bless all of you!