Monday, August 20, 2007

A Full Weekend



Well this weekend was packed full. On Friday Jose left for the Spanish men's retreat in Murietta. He was blessed to be able to go and hear good teaching of God's Word and fellowship with other men who love the Lord. The girls and I went to a women's event for our church. As many of you know, we attend a Spanish-speaking church...which is a little out of my comfort zone since, afterall, I don't speak Spanish. But I am learning and doing my best to feel like a part of the group. We had beautiful worship led by our cousins Jose and Herlinda and then a devotion led by our aunt, Leti. From what I could understand, the devotion was wonderful and soon I'll be able to understand all of it since Leti is being gracious to print her notes in English for me (thanks Leti!!)

Saturday morning I took the girls to visit my grandma. She's such a cute little grandma! :) Later that evening the girls and I went back to Jose and Herlinda's house for a Pampered Chef party...what fun! I have never been to one and of course I wanted everything that was demonstrated. I settled for one item and am planning to book my own party. Congrats to Herlinda as she's decided to become a consultant and begin selling the products.

Sunday morning was very special for us because Jose was given the opportunity to teach our service at church. He did a wonderful job. He actually looked like he belonged in a pulpit. I wanted to snap a picture of him, but that may have appeared inappropriate. :) A couple of people responded when he gave an invitation to receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior. The icing on the cake for the morning was that his sister came with her husband and children, as well as his other sister, an aunt and uncle, and we were later joined by his cousin and her daughter who we haven't seen for a long time. It was great to spend this time with them at church.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

very impressive-I love it! Yes, Jose belongs behind a pulpit-praise God He uses and redeems us. It was truly wonderful to be surrounded by family in a place where they were hearing the Word of God. Truly God has done above and beyond all I could ask or pray for. He alone does wondrous things. To Him be the glory! As for you, I know that God will give you the understanding and will give you the ability to speak spanish fluently. There is nothing impossible for Him. I love your willingness and obedience in this season of your life. I am thoroughly enjoying seeing you guys every weekend. btw just hearing about your weekend makes me tired. Get some rest.

Anonymous said...

Hee hee, you must be related to me with all of your activities and your whirlwind weekend. I'll bet that your calendar looks like mine!
--Anonymous :-)

Laura said...

Rest? What's that? Just kidding. :) Thanks for your encouragement, Leti. Dad, uh I mean "Anonymous", yes, we must be related. We'd better slow down!