Friday, August 24, 2007

So Far A Good Day

First of all CONGRATULATIONS to Josh and Sarah Gallegos. Their first child, Elena Isabella, was born on Monday, August 20. She was 5 1/2 weeks early...which is actually later than the doctors thought she would be due to some complications. She is such a miracle and guess what?! She weighed in at 6 lbs. 11 oz!! For anyone who doesn't know, that is an awesome weight for being born so early. My friend, Sally, and her husband, Ruben, are finally grandparents...this baby has been prayed for and waited on for several years now...what a blessing!

I just got back from half a day shopping with Annie for fall clothes. I've been waiting for so long to have a day like this with her to get ready for school. She was a trooper as we started out with breakfast and headed out to about six different stores to find the deals. At breakfast we sat in a booth and when the waitress put her placemat down across from me she said, "No, I want to sit by Mommy". I can't help but treasure that sentiment as I'm sure one day she won't necessarily make that same choice. I've always heard that moms love having sons because they are so sweet and loving to their moms, but I have to say, Annie lives up to that particular stereotype. I lost count how many times she kissed me and told me she loves me today.

I was so excited for today, I'm sure moreso than my daughter. Even when she was two weeks old I whisked her off to Old Navy just to "go shopping with my daughter". :) I know I'm lame, but this is the stuff I love. The ultimate thrill for me will be when she and Bekah are old enough to attend mother/daughter events at church, join me for women's Bible studies and retreats. I pray they follow the Lord all their lives, and that He let me be a part of and a witness to their growth in Him.

Well I'm off to finish my ironing for the week and then on to our dance lesson...tonight is Salsa Night...wooohoo!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the new parents and grandparents! Yes, this is very good weight for a premie...I know, cause I had two. How wonderful that your day with Annie went so well. God will give you the desires of your heart. It truly is wonderful when your adult children walk with the LORD. When you are able to talk with them as if they were your sisters in Christ. God is faithful and will do abundantly, exceedingly above all you ask or pray for.