Saturday, August 11, 2007

You Gotta Try It

Yesterday I did something that I think everybody should try. I went to a spa and spent half a day relaxing, secluded from the world. This was an unbirthday gift from my Dad (you're the best, Dad!) and he picked exactly what I needed. I think the massage was the best part of all. When I got home I told Jose I thought we would have some pretty good massages in heaven one day, since everything is perfect there. And he reminded me that we won't even need them! How great is that...we will have such flawless bodies that they won't need the extra attention to feel good...they'll just feel that way all the time. After all my royal treatment, I enjoyed a leisurely lunch at a nice Italian restraurant outdoors with my dad...and no children to hush, wipe, and say "stop" to.

Last night Jose and I had another private dance lesson and worked mostly on our rhumba and salsa moves. It gets more fun every time we attend and we get more comfortable with each practice. I'll be sad when it all has to end.

Well I better run...gotta go pick up some medicine. Bekah is plagued with pinkeye...I hope she doesn't share this one.

Speaking of heaven:
"Behold I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed--in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed." 1 Corinthians 16:12

"And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."
Revelation 21:4

Thank You, Lord, for the hope we have in You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This sound wonderful! I sure do want to try it. Lord willing, somewhere along the way I'll get one of these days. Otherwise, I'll have to wait until I get to heaven where I'll have all that I need. I'm glad that you were blessed and relaxed. What a thoughtful Dad.