Friday, August 17, 2007

Random Questions

Okay, so I'm wondering if I am alone in this one.
I noticed that whenever I come home from anywhere, the first thing I do is walk through my whole house and look to be sure everything is okay. I have no particular reason for doing this, but I was wondering if anybody else does this.

One more random thing I noticed is that Bekah doesn't actually chew her noodles. Many of you know that our most frequent family eating out place is a Vietnamese restaurant called Pho. Last night Bekah was just slurping and swallowing her noodles. Me??? I would gag if I tried that! Then again I still have a hard time swallowing pills and I'm going on 30 years old. I guess I'm the odd one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Usually, the first thing I do when I return home is run to the bathroom and check the plumbing! Second, I check for voicemail (nobody loves me), and finally, change into my favorite uniform: shorts (or bluejeans & sweatshirt in the winter). In the course of doing that I guess I check the whole house. When I return from a trip, however, I walk the entire estate to ensure that everything is in order. I don't think you're odd. You just want to ensure that all's well for your family.

I'd advise Bekah to begin chewing those noodles because one day one's going down the wrong way and she won't like the Heimlich maneuver (if you can even get it out!).
Love,
Dad

Anonymous said...

If your odd then I will join the odd squad. I check and arrange everything that is out of order (my order). Even though my children are adults I have one that simply refuses to put things away-so I do quality control. Things bug me if they are out of place (my place). As for Bek, do you think it's a phase? She is still small, but I don't think it is anything to worry about.

Anonymous said...

Zeekie stuffs hot dogs in his mouth, and before I know its gone.

Till this day I have a hard time swallowing chips. I have a hard time watching anyone eat chips, Even though I'm the one that can't seem to chew them properly.

When I was five, my mom had to perform the heimlich on me. I will never forget my mother saving my life,when she had only herd of the procedure.

As far as the home. I put wind chimes in every widow. I have little saftey alarms, just in case zeekie dicides that he wants to sneak out of the house. But It makes me feel better that there are those obstcals there.

I am the biggest worry wart that anyone will ever know. I have so many phobias, that I could write a whole book. Gods Word is the medicin to heal my mind. The Lord has brought me far and through alot. And is still working on me. i have to trust in Him. I can not add one moment to my life by all that I think may happen. God help me.

love,
nettie