Monday, December 10, 2007

More Than Enough

After some words of wisdom, encouragement, and time spent in God's Word, I think my bug is going away. Hurray! Something the Lord ministered to me that He had in the past (and my feeble mind somehow dismissed lately) is that He sent His Son to pay my penalties and give me everlasting life...a hope that is living and will not fade away. Why would I ask for more? That's enough for me and all the abundance that He adds to it is just that...abudance. I love in Romans 8:32 how it says, "He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?"

I realize that usually I'm quite aware that I am only 1 in billions of people on this earth. But when I get into these little fits somehow it become all about me. Lord, may my heart be more thankful and faithful from here on out, focused on You and others, not myself. Your grace is sufficient, more than sufficient, for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remind me to share more of my thoughts about this with you in person when we have some time together.

Anonymous said...

Gods Word Has been my medicin also. A continual scripture that He gives me is. Delight yourself in the Lord & He will give you the desires of your heart. I used to look at that scripture as, He will give you the desires of YOUR heart. But I have soon come to realize that it is HE WILL GIVE you the desire. His desire. I have been searchingfor the Christ in Christmas through the Word & prayer. My true medicin to shake the I want Bug.

love ya,
Nettie