Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Annie's Honesty

Recently I started giving my kids one Scripture and one sight word to memorize each week. They've been doing pretty well and usually are excited to recite what they've committed to memory. Today I put up a new Scripture...one I've been anxious to get into their little heads and hearts: "Do everything without complaining and arguing," - Philippians 2:14. After having Annie repeat it after me, she cocks her head and says to me, "I want a different one." I just smiled and we talked about how the last three have been "feel good" verses" - "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", "I will never leave you nor forsake you", and "Have faith in God." However, we can't ignore the ones we don't feel like heeding to. There are a few I'd rather skip over myself but as the Lord has been showing me all of the commandments He sets forth are for our good and benefit.

6 comments:

Mrs. R said...

This made me smile. I think I've done this once or twice (okay, maybe 5,000) times myself. :) What a good mom you are. :)

lulu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lulu said...

This one made me smile as well,and yes i have done that too.I have turned the pages on my bible to read something else...lol
Love you :)

Leti said...

Yes, indeed - dito to the comments.

btw your girls are blessed to have a mommie who shares and teaches them God's Word. What an awesome treasure they are hiding in their hearts at such a young age. May the LORD continue to bless all the work of your hands and may His powerful Word bring forth much fruit, for His honor and glory.

Anonymous said...

You are doing your children a wonderful favor by allowing them to drink from the well of Gods living water. It is good to sit and talk about Gods Word and discuss (and give analogies about) how it affects our lives. It creates a thirst for the things of God, and a conviction against the things that God is unhappy with. Gods Word will not return Void. All that Ma and Pa say will be herd in their mind as they grow like tender plants under the roof of your home (and when its time they leave the nest). The example that you set forth and the desire in your heart for God is the strongest way that they will remember. What a blessing it is to know that there are parents out there that are serious about teaching The Holy Bible to their little blessings that God has given. Having children is a HUGE responsibility and reward. I guess I am passionate about what you wrote. Sorry if I rambled.

Love,
Nettie

Deu 6:5 "You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength.
Deu 6:6 "And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart.
Deu 6:7 "You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
Deu 6:8 "You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes.
Deu 6:9 "You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.

:corinne: said...

Oh what a cutie! She just said what some of us are thinking...Can't we memorize another one Lord???