Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Celebrations




We had a wonderful weekend celebrating Easter. Although, at each venue of celebration Bek managed to get hurt. Nothing serious, but you'll see as you read on. On Saturday we took a drive to visit Grandma, Uncle Mike, Aunt Tammy, and Cousin Michele. The kids had a fun time eating pizza and hanging out. Bekah managed to somehow fly off Grandma's bed and make a loud thump - but all was well. On Sunday we went to my mom's for a yummy breakfast, excluding the big, pretty undercooked blueberry crumb cake I spent time making the evening before...grrrr! My poor Annie had been looking forward to this breakfast treat. I'll have to make that one up to her soon. Bek slipped in her new Easter shoes on my mom's kitchen floor and hurt her hip. On to a fabulous Easter service at church. The worship was amazing, as usual, and they sang my favorite Easter song "He's Alive". Easter has to be my favorite holiday because of what we are celebrating - the hope Jesus gives us because He rose from the dead. How can a person not rejoice when they contemplate this? From church we made it to Steve & Sue's for a super delicious lunch/dinner, games, and presents (yes - my family is extremely generous and does presents for Easter). My girls have walked away year after year just blessed with new books, toys, and candy (thankfully minimally). In addition, my amazing cousin, Nancy, bought them matching Easter dresses, shoes, socks, and hairbows. She loves doing this for the holidays so I will never object. :) Oh yes - Bek's injury here was suffering her first-ever splinter. Steve and Sue got a new puppy, Sophie, a couple days ago (a super-duper cute yellow lab) and she jumped up on Bek. Bek sat really hard on the wood steps and ended up with a splinter in her palm. She was such a trooper! She let Sue do her thing with the tweezers and did't cry a bit about it! All in all it was a wonderful weekend. Now back to life as normal!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures. I love all of the pretty colors of Easter. I have to get the Easter CD they have out from the Worship team and learn the songs.

Blessings to you and the Family.

Love,
Nettie

Leti said...

wow, I'm tire just reading this, but it sounds like lots of fun other than poor Bek's mishaps. I love that song also.

btw I love what you have done to your blog. And the pictures are o-la-la, as my friend Sue would say.

Anonymous said...

Golly, I'm afraid that you get your UNDERcooking skills from your father. I experience the same problem with frozen veggies! Those are GREAT photos. Glad that you enjoyed the Easter service so much. It IS a wonderful time of the year--time for renewal and joy!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures! Wish we could have been there.