Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Fun For the Kids

As Easter is fast approaching, I thought I would share a fun activity I was given to do with my kids. We tried it last year and my girls loved it! Its a recipe:

Resurrection Rolls

1 package crescent rolls
Large Marshmallows
Melted Butter
Cinnamon Sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Give each child a crescent roll triangle to represent the cloth Jesus was wrapped and buried in.
3. Give each child 1 marshmallow to represent jesus.
4. Have child dip marshmallow into melted butter (represents embalming oils).
5. Roll the marshamallow in cinnamon sugar (represents spices used to anoint the body).
6. Wrap the coated marshmallow tightly in the crescent roll.
7. Seal edges (represents wrapping of Jesus' body after death).
8. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes (oven represents tomb - shut it hard for a finalizing effect).
9. Allow to cool.
10. Eat and enjoy. Child will find the roll is puffed up, but empty.

HE IS RISEN!!!!

5 comments:

:corinne: said...

What an awesome recipe and great way to teach your children the TRUE Easter story! TFS!!!

Anonymous said...

Cool, sounds fun and yummy. I was just thinkin about how to make this a more memerable Easter for the kidoes. Thanks for sharin your ideas.

Love,
Nettie

Anonymous said...

Golly, this made ma salivate like Pavlov's dog! YUM!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I meant . . .made ME. . ., not made ma! !Caramba!

Bridget said...

thank you for this idea! It will work perfect with the lesson I have planned this week. thanks for sharing;)