Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Curriculum!!

I'm so excited!! Yesterday I received the first part of the curriculum I ordered for Annie to begin kindergarten. After much research I chose to go with My Father's World for all the kindergarten subjects except for History/Social Studies. Separately I purchased a workbook called "The American People and Nation" from Christian Liberty Press. I can't wait to start teaching it! I was already impressed as I paged through and saw how dedicated the content is in teaching the true Christian principles our country was founded on as well as the dedication to Scripture memorization which correlates with each chapter's content. I was also impressed with the breakdown of the pledge of allegiance to help the children understand the meaning of what they are saying. I don't remember understanding what I was saying in elementary school.

Now my job is to figure out what field trips will be appropriate as we make our way through our lessons. This will be fun!! I feel so honored that I will be my girls' main teacher, imparting all of this wonderful knowledge to them.

My classroom (okay dining area) :) is slowing filling up on the walls. I have a small dry erase board up (I need a bigger one), a world map, a U.S. map, and the days of the week pinned up. I hit Target for some school supplies (scoring at the Dollar Spot) and have to make a trip to Costco and the school supply store to finish my supplies shopping. On Thursday I should be receiving the rest of the curriculum I ordered. Woo Hoo!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're getting me all pumped up. It's amazing to see you go, go, go. Your curriculum sounds great. I love CLP. I need to get on the ball and start getting all of my stuff prepared. I got a fifth grader and a pre- scholar to teach.

Don't forget to take a picture of your classroom when its all done up.

Love,
Nettie

We can do all things through Christ who strengthens us.

Bridget said...

I'm so excited for you! Your going to just love it!!!