Saturday, July 12, 2008

Prospective Schedule

This will highly likely interest nobody who will read this post, so please feel free to not read this if it bores you. :) Its really for me to utilize and adjust during the upcoming school year. I now realize the need to begin labeling my posts.

Here is my proposed schedule for us once our 1st homeschool year rolls around:

5:00 Shower, get dressed, do makeup

5:30 Devotions

6:15 Do my hair

6:30 Make Jose's lunch, put away clean dishes from previous night

7:00 Wake kids, kids get dressed, do hair, wash faces, eat breakfast, brush teeth

8:00 Start chores with kids' help: make beds, tidy up house, clean bathrooms, vacuum, dusting, sweeping, do 1 email check

9am - 12pm School time!! No phone calls made or received, no internet/email, and no TV. At some point take a break for P.E. and snack

12:00 Lunch, run errands

1:30 Read together with kids - Bible, devotional, and other books

2:00 Naptime for kids, reading time for me as well as finish up chores and review lesson for the next school day

4:30 Start dinner **Goal** Include children in cooking lessons and teach them to set the table for dinner

6:30 Dinner

7:30 Bathtime

8:30 Bedtime for kids

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I know when to not call!

Mrs. R said...

I know God will bless you in this endeavor. That is quite a schedule though...remember to buy lots of coffee for Mommy when you buy the girls' school supplies. :)

Anonymous said...

I Love it. I have to copy some of your ideas if you don't mind.It is so good to have a schedual for yourself first. And if you need any coffee, let me know. Dito on what your Dad said.

Blessings on your homeschool,

love,
Nettie

Bridget said...

good for you! It's fun to toss it up a little too (once in awhile) We would do school at starbucks or the park etc. That's what I love about homeschooling. It's flexible and your in charge. Have fun!

Sandy said...

Wow! I've been homeschooling for 7 years and I've never been that disciplined! You go girl! We have a routine that is similar but begins much later.
8wake
9breakfast
930 school
12 lunch
3 finish schoolwork
6 dinner
7:30 bath
8bed for the younger kids