Friday, September 4, 2009

Baby Update

I really wanted to post my most recent ultrasound picture but I think my scanner hates me, so that's not happening soon. I had my appointment last Thursday (at 13 weeks) and the doctor couldn't find the heartbeat. Of course a million thoughts raced through my mind, primarily about my daughters and what I would say to them. So after a couple minutes he did an ultrasound and, lo and behold, there was a VERY active little baby in there with a beating heart and long arms and legs doing some funky dance. = ) It was a relief and a thrill and I'm still amazed at how this all works. I mean, there is a living, growing human being inside me. It still blows my mind and kind of freaks me out. But more than anything it makes me thankful for the blessing the Lord is allowing me to have. Thankfully the nausea has mostly worn off and I'm just tired now. In the next couple weeks I am looking forward to some new energy (Lord-willing)! I guess I'm showing enough to not hide it as I received a few belly rubs yesterday. I warned them that it's mostly all the fat that has been pushed out...the baby is still pretty small. Ha!! Annie and Bekah are still thrilled about our new baby and daily talk to him/her. As far as names we're leaning towards Charlotte if it's a girl and Joseph if it's a boy...though that can all change.

4 comments:

Jannette Thrasher said...

Keeping this little blessing in my prayers :).

Leti said...

How adorable that you got to see him/her kicking and active - the wonders of technology. We continue to pray for your energy and health as well as the baby. Love the names.

Sandy said...

Beautiful names! Praise the Lord that the baby is doing well and that you are losing some of the nausea. I suffered with David until the day he was born so I'm sooo glad to read that you are getting relief!

Bridget said...

ahhhhhhhh! I love Charlotte! That is one of my favorite girl names (but it didn't start with an "F") haha