Friday, September 4, 2009

Homeschooling Update

We began our school year in early August and so far it's been , eh, okay I guess. The curriculum I chose has absolutely served it's purpose in being incredibly strong academically. But I'm bored! I miss my old curriculum terribly but have already invested in my new one. It isn't all bad, I mean Annie is learning cursive and doing a fantastic job, the kids are flying through the phonics, and we are picking up math where we left of last year. But the fun and imagination are gone. So I'm on a quest to find the balance - the balance between strong academics, biblical content and concepts weaved throughout, hands-on learning, and the joy that comes from learning and accomplishing goals.

1 comment:

Jannette Thrasher said...

I know what you mean about balance. Remember, if you want to change it up abit we can come over for a co-op. Of course only if your up to it. But if you seriously need to talk to someone about curriculum change either now or in the middle of the year, don't be afraid to ask (Try your leader). It has and can be done. That's the freedom of homeschooling. You can also subtract from your teaching materials, and add, then sell your stuff later (just suggestions and thoughts).But keep it all in prayer as I know you do. You problably know all this. May the Lord continue to bless your homeschool.