Thursday, September 10, 2009

Help Is On The Way...









Yay! I got to order my new curriculum I've been wanting! After a very sweet mom who homeschools in our group let me come over and check out the curriculum I've been praying about and eyeing, Jose said I could go ahead and order it. I am so excited! I think the girls are going to enjoy going through the history of the Bible on their own level, as well as throw in some geography and science. There should be much more creativity going on when we get in to it. I will keep using A Beka for the language arts and handwriting portion of school and Saxon for math. This is only my 2nd year homeschooling and I feel like I am just scratching the surface of how to go about it all.

3 comments:

Leti said...

You are doing great Laura. Trial and error with curriculum is a given. Also, the different ways each individual child learns is also very important. But as I said you are doing great. Excited for the new curriculum - I've heard "My Father's World" is really good.

Sandy said...

You were wise enough to switch and that really says something about your future in homeschooling your girls. Over the years you will learn what works well for your children and no one will know that better than you. I use several different publishers. We use what works for our family and it took a while to figure out what it was going to take but now that we've found it, we're very happy!

Bridget said...

pefect mix:) You will love MFW as your girls grow. I never did this one, I started 1st grade and it just keeps getting better:)