Friday, September 25, 2009

Such A Sweetheart

Yesterday I had my monthly dr. visit but this time it was with his nurse practitioner who also happens to be his wife. I just love her! She found my baby's heartbeat (music to my ears!) and then started asking me about my previous miscarriages, especially since I'm 17 weeks now which is only 1 week earlier than when I lost Elizabeth. She was so nice! She said that to put my mind at ease I can go in anytime she is in the office and she'll do a quick ultrasound scan to be sure everything is ok...like every week if I want to! I so appreciated her concern. So far things are going well and I can feel little nudges and kicks more each day (in fact he/she must know I'm writing about it cause its kicking me now!). I've done my best not to live in fear with this pregnancy and the Lord has been so faithful. So next appt. is Oct. 15th...is it a boy or a girl??? Lord-willing we'll find out then!

5 comments:

Melody said...

How exciting! I can't wait till you find out!! :) You probably look so darn cute with your little belly bump- I want to see it!

Bridget said...

So happy for you!

Leti said...

I am rejoicing with you Laura. Can't wait to find out what the LORD has coming your way - boy or girl, he or she will be adorable. We continue to pray for you and this blessing.

Anonymous said...

The Lord brings you to my mind often, and so you are always in my prayers! I am so excited for you, Jose & the girls. Praise the Lord for such a kind nurse as well-- that is awesome & I would SOOO take her up on ultrasounds :)
Awww, lil' JoJo is kicking you?! ;)
hahaha
Can't wait to hear the gender!!

Carin said...

Friend, I love you and am praying for you!!! Missed you this week...let's get together soon!!!