Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Chicken Donut

Last night I tried something that I'd been wanting to do for a while. My kids love the chicken stars from Carl's Jr. So I thought, "I can do that! And I bet mine will be healthier and less expensive, at that!" So I tried using a cookie cutter on boneless skinless chicken breast...it doesn't work. Neither does using a knife freehand. So we didn't have chicken stars last night...we had some odd shapes and the chicken that was not cut out made for what looked like a chicken donut with a hole in the middle. Back to the drawing board.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweetheart, I applaud you for your intrepid and creative effort! Being a bachelor who is MOST dangerous in the kitchen, I've tried several innovative approaches to cooking. I won't share the disgusting details of my disasters but all I can say is to NOT let this minor setback discourage you! Keep experimenting.

Have you traded recipes with any of Loretta's friends yet?

Leti said...

You get a "10" for creativity in my book! I'm such a routine person that I would not have tried this. Keep it up, I know one of these days you will do betters stars than Carls.

Anonymous said...

I have an idea. But I'm not sure if it will work because I've never tried it myself.

step#1- get some wax paper and stencil. Cut stars.

Step#2- wet the paper and put it onto the chicken when the chicken is not solid frozen but frozen enough to cut. let them thaw out a little more once they are all cut up.

step#3- put the stars into a bag of shake in bake.follow shake in bake directions.

step#4- cook the chicken on a baking sheet for ???? I'm not sure how long that would take.

step#5 If your brave enough let me know how it all works out so that I can try.

love,
nettie

p.s. i would feel bad if it didnt turn out. So maybe I should try first when I get the time. I feel weird sharing this but it just popped into my mind.So I had to.

p.s.s. For healthy hormone free chicken go to henreys, and for healthy oil, use sunflower seed oil from henreys. I dump that stuff in everything.